Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Hereeeeee's Cable

Two Saturdays ago I told Miguel everything I had learned about Venom - that he was a symbiote (a fancy word for "parasite"), that he was an alien, and that he had possessed Spiderman at one time. Guess what? He got scared. He didn't want to hear any more about Venom and insisted that he be Cable instead.

So four days before the office Halloween party I pushed the panic button and made plans for a quick Cable costume. Helloooo glue gun.

To those not in the know, Cable has a robotic left arm. I was supposed to paint some cables on a stocking for Miguel's arm, but since he didn't want me to paint his gun as well, we decided to forego the silver parts. As for the platinum white hair, he didn't want any powder in his hair. The scar on the face? Good grief, if I was gonna skip the silver arm and gun, why bother? It was getting to be too much for me to deal with.

Well I got a lot of good reviews for the costume. The good news is that a lot of people recognized that he was one of the X-men. The bad news is they all though that it was Cyclops. As in, "where's his visor?" Oh well. I can't have it all can I. Especially in four days' notice while I have to atend a shoot.

And did you know that Cable is the son of Cyclops and Jean Grey? See the family resemblance?

Next year he has to decide on his costume by September.

3 comments:

may said...

>Next year he has to decide on his costume by September.

naku...ang taray ng leadtime. hahaha. nice costume. btw, i'm finally painting again! in a week i finished 3 4x4 ft. and 2 2 x 4 ft. artworks, all abstracts. have to finish everything before school starts again.

mama_aly said...

Gian thinks he was cyclops too....
Mara said: "cute.... piki!"

Great work with the glue gun, mother! the trip to Kamuning paid off!

sandygirl said...

mama_aly, to be honest I really enjoyed making that costume - stress included! :)

may! 5 big paintings in one week? 'yan ang stress! let me know when the exhibit will be :D