Friday, August 13, 2004

Puff mommy

I must be nuts.

Just came from the dermatologist, and I kid you not, I look like I can star in a local horror movie - no prosthetics necessary. (Well maybe I'm exaggerating.) My face is puffy from the treatment. First the doctor puts glycolic acid to clean up your skin, then applies a fruit peel to, well, peel it. Now what woman in her right mind would want to put herself through such torture? Me, apparently. Rest assured that this is one post that will not be accompanied by a photo - now that's another sort of torture.


A long time ago I signed up for this same treatment, but didn't finish the entire course because, duh, I had a child to raise. And it really was expensive. Fast forward a few years, and my skin was crying out for a treatment, plus my friend's wedding was coming up. So I signed up again and found myself back in the dermatologist's cubicle. (I could hear the doctor laughing "Sucker!" all the way to the bank. Okay, that was a joke.)

Funny thing is, I feel good about doing it. That I finally did something about my skin even if I have to go through this rough spot. Plus I was able to get credit for the payment I made a long, long time ago. Thorn out of my side.
Really, the things we women put ourselves through.

No comments: