Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Fecund

I ought to go through that Artist's Way book once again. Sometimes, when I sit down to write a post, I don't know what to say. Weird thing is, it's not for a lack of subject matter. I have hundreds of things in my mind; it's just that not all of them are rated GP.

When I started this blog I did it as a creative outlet since what I write for work is pretty much limited. It was cathartic at first, and I eagerly pounded away whatever so-called deep thoughts or musings I had at the time. I obviously enjoy wearing my heart on my sleeve as far as this parenting thing is concerned.

I still feel good about writing about these singular adventures of mine, but really there is so much that goes on that I'd like to tell but can't or won't - for reasons of privacy, security, or just to stick to my theme.

I remember, when I was painting, how I always said that it takes guts to put yourself - your true self - on the canvas. A lot of us are afraid to be rejected. Same goes for blogging.

So.

Thank God I have a theme. Ha ha!

But going back to the Julia Cameron book, I remember that there were a lot of ideas there that helped get you started on whatever you had to do. It's like I have a to-do list that's unfinished until now. That's kind of how I feel at the moment.

22/100

4 comments:

may said...

>I have hundreds of things in my mind; >it's just that not all of them are >rated GP.

uy...share naman. instead of blogging about them, would you like to have coffee instead? hahaha.

may said...

hmm...i feel like you lots of times. i've been blogging heavily on friendster lately because it's the most user-friendly, but i find myself limited to some topics, because of my students who read my blogs, as well as A's exes who snoop around. have you tried livejournal?

mama_aly said...

whatever happened to writing for the sake of writing. the saddest thing is not writing when you could have.

sandygirl said...

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Panalo ka May! Tell me when you're in the Greenbelt area! :)

As for Livejournal, I left so that I can concentrate on just one site. Besides, my topics seemed too "apple pie" for the crowd that I knew.

Mama_aly, I'm so glad you took up writing - first for ABS-CBN, and now in your blog. Looks like your kids are picking up the habit as well :D