Friday, May 26, 2006

Tint

Yesterday I was blow-drying my hair and then I saw it: a white strand. That's the second in as many days. An occasional strand once in a blue moon is okay. But now it's quite possible that there might be more. It's hard for me to conceive of myself as having white hair.

I remember that when we were kids we used to pull out my mom's white strands and get 10 cents for each piece. Nowadays mom has a hairdresser visit once a month for her henna hair treatment. It's a natural-looking dye which makes her hair appear as if it has highlights. I wonder, will I be doing the same thing 30 years from now?

In my head I think that I am still young but that white strand begs to differ.

25/100

3 comments:

freckle-face said...

didn't understand what "cellophane" meant in parlor lingo until last year. yup, have white hair (silver sounds better)too! fortunately hidden, but nonetheless increasing... so i succumbed to "cellophane" finally. and i'm not even close to 30 years your senior. despite the silver hair, we think, we feel, we ARE still young!! :)

o. p. said...

Yes I prefer to call it "silver" too. My hair has been slowly greying since high school. It took me a while to accept it, but now I love it. Especially since I keep getting compliments from men about it.

Last time I was in Manila, I even had a very cute younger guy (maybe late 20s) tell me he found me attractive because of my hair. And then he asked for my phone number! Sayang I'm married. Also I was leaving the next day.... oh well.

Anonymous said...

i had silver hair since i was seven... and now im 19, i have loads of them... they say its in the genes but no matter what, i like them... they're a symbol of wisdom...as they say...