Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Big school blues

I never realized how having a son in Ateneo could take over my entire life. Can you imagine what it does for his?

For example, I've been waking up no later than 5AM for the past 3 days. And I've been going to sleep not earlier than 1AM. That's because I've had to cover, label, bookmark, laminate, and pack all his things in preparation for the first few days. And to think that I already did advance preparations over the summer.

Glad to say that everything has been accomplished. Today he was required to bring EVERYTHING to school - for the teacher's inspection, I suppose. I think that I passed with flying colors.

Now I call home every morning to ask how his class was, and to find out what his assignments are. Being the mom of an Ateneo student requires commitment. As my cousin says, you need to be OC to make it in this school. That goes for both parent and student. And considering that Miguel is a third generation OC, well, I guess that you could say that he's pedigreed :)

All that aside, he seems to be adjusting well to big school.

36/100

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your about me! And yikes for what you need to do for Ateneo and Miguel ... got a son of my own but he's just turning 1.

sandygirl said...

Hi KaY! Horror stories aside, I'm really thrilled that my son is finally in big school. I'm sure 99% of the other prep moms got more sleep than I did; it's just that...uh...I'm neurotic. And I'm a working mom.

WIth 5 more years to go you've got a lot of time to enjoy your boy! :D

may said...

complain kiti-complain ka dyan. e ba't di mo inenroll sa la salle--it's nearer. hahaha, but we know why. kayo talagang mga atenista (tsaka mga la sallista)-- hmp.