Monday, June 19, 2006

Escape

As my sister the teacher says, parent-teacher conferences are a way of giving teachers a break. Well we parents know how to take a break too. After meeting Miguel's teacher for the PTC, I took the rest of the morning off...helloooo spa!

I haven't had a full-body massage in months! It was so good to just lie down and have someone kneading my muscles. It's probably the only time I don't mind being treated like a piece of meat.

Soothing music, the soft hum of airconditioning, the smell of eucalyptus, clean sheets against your skin, and expert hands skillfully rubbing the stress away. Sigh.

It would've been great to take the whole day off, but I have to make judicious use of my vacation leaves. Besides, I already committed to a couple of meetings today. Work is work.

But man, play is way okay too!

48/100

3 comments:

may said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
may said...

you made me miss going to the spa, too. (well, actually, spa just might be a too luxurious name for this neighborhood wellness place we go to.) before the pregnancy, A and i enjoyed took turns treating each other to weekend dates there--i miss the steam baths, the cool dimly lit room with the double beds, the strong hands of my favorite masseuse kneading all the knots in my muscles, the minty smell of massage oils, the tinkly soft music...the warm, delicious on my muscles after the hour-long session. haaay.

may said...

ano ba 'yan, panay typo...hahaha.

*the warm, delicious tingle on my muscles after the hour-long session. haaay.