Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Get well soon

I come home from work with a bouquet and Miguel asks, "what's it for?" I smile and say, "it's because I'm sick." Then he pipes up, "but I'm sick too!" I laugh and tell him that the flowers are for both of us.

Yeah, we got the bug.

Later at bedtime he catches me taking a cellphone snapshot of the bouquet. "Why are you taking a picture of the flowers?" he asks. "So I can remember them," I say. "I want a picture with the flowers too," he says. So, voila!

Well, a little confession here. I always take a snapshot of the flowers Mike gives me. And like I said, it's because I want to remember them.

I so love flowers! Wouldn't you guess by the many arrangements I've painted already? And I know my mom loves them too; I'm like her. Well come to think of it, it's a rare woman that doesn't like them.

I'm of the belief that it's better to give flowers to people while they're alive to appreciate them. As long as I get them during my lifetime I won't mind a simple flower-free funeral. Maybe I'll put out a sign, "in lieu of flowers...."

Anyway, I'm just glad that I've got a guy who loves giving them as much as I love receiving them.

56/100

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i envy you. my husband doesn't like giving me flowers. well, he's given me quite a number of bouquets already, but that is only after my persistent, rather pouty reminders.

may said...

sad thing about flowers is that they never last. i make a photo tribute of all the bouquets i receive--at least i can immortalize them that way. i also used to dry them and mix them up with the potpourri, that was, till i got so many dried flowers from countless bouquets (given by A) i didn't know what to do with them already.